I do apologize for the lack of posts recently. Life has taken over as I am planning a wedding and starting a new position at work.
So the lower section of the Blackhawk did remain intact, but the upper section including the nosecone is unusable. So I order some tubing and a nosecone as can be seen in my teaser post.
But one thing that I did not take into account, was the fact that the original Blackhawk tubing has a smaller diameter then the new tubing. I am going to sand down the edge where they meet to hopefully provide a transition. It will be more aesthetic then anything but will cost me a few hours of work.
I am also excited to show you the paint design for this. I worked with Mark from Stickershock and got a checkered mask, I am debating what color to pain the rocket either fluorescent yellow/orange then the lower half will have a faded checker pattern.
Thanks for reading