Type II Paint Finished

There will be better pictures to come, this was just a quick one tonight.

Grasshopper

Latest Grasshopper test:

Type II with Paint

Well I got off work early today! Thank you 4th of July! Oh and Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I had some time to lay down a few more layers of paint. Here is a hint below, and tomorrow I plan on getting the mask on the rocket and maybe start the final paint.

Proton-M Launch

More Progress

Well I have been painting the Type II rocket. It has been primed and the first coat of paint is applied. I need to sand a little bit in some places, then should finish up the next few coat’s by the end of the week.

Then I have to get ready for the special paint effects to be done next week.

One downside I found is there is some body error between the upper section and the lower. But it should not effect the flight it is more cosmetic.

On another note Copenhagen Suborbital recently launched their Sapphire rocket, which was actively guided. It was a success and they can move forward and adjust their systems to get ready to attempt a launch to space.

 

 

 

 

Rocket Goodness!

Well everyone life is starting to straighten out. The good news is I started working on the Type II rocket again. All the holes have been drilled and the primer is on! Tomorrow I will start with the paint.

I still have to order a new parachute as I never did trust the old one. Plus kevlar card and the most importantly the nomex.

So things are going places!

Also below you can see Space X’s new Merlin 1d Engine!

To My Readers

Well my wedding and Honeymoon is all over. Being back to work and still working out the logistics of marriage the housing/etc it will be a little bit before I can build rockets again.

Falcon F9-R Engine Test


Well hello to all my readers, I have been really busy lately with my wedding this last week and I am currently on my honeymoon. I am typing from a hotel before I head to bed.

But I saw this video today and it really made my giggle like a little kid, the reliability of these engines still leave my stunned.

I am excited for the first launch of the F9-R, and am hoping for more test of the landing gear.

Completed Av-Bay

Well fortunately I got out of work early yesterday, so I had the chance to get all the holes finished on the g10. Then fitted the Ravens and switch, and the most important part the wiring.

So I got everything setup, then turned the switch to turn it on and nothing. Charged the battery, then again nothing. I determined the problem to be the screws I was using as terminals. I do believe they are black oxide which prevents the proper connection.

So I switched around a few screws and got everything to power up today. Then getting the zip ties with the proper tension to hold onto the all threads is really tricky.

After all of that I slid everything into the coupler, and turned the switch with success! As you can see in the first picture both Ravens are blinking the proper LED’s and the one that does beep was working perfectly.

The only thing left to do is clean up the wiring a bit, get it organized. Then it is ready to fly.

Av-Bay

Well before my wedding day comes around I have spent a little bit of time on the Av-Bay for the Type II rocket.

As you can see in the picture down below, I am fitting two Raven 3 altimeters, one switch and one battery.