Well I finally had time in between homework to update BlackAero. I added another flight to the Fletch Flight vehicle and I changed the layout a little.
The time has come and I have made some progress.
I have updated the Fletch vehicle page and added a page for Razor the next challenge of mine.
Please check them out and comment with any questions you may have.
This semester of school has been really busy with a lot of homework and difficult tests. This has prevented me from working on rockets like I would like.
Summer begins in a few weeks and I plan on finishing two rockets and flying for my level one certification.
Things are happening I promise!
I have added some details in regards to the build I am currently working on this is under the “Flight Vehicles” entitled “Fletch.
I would like to thank everyone that supports me and my hobby I really appreciate it.
I have spent a lot of time designing and modifying a certain rocket that will be used for a record attempt. The tube was rolled by Alex of http://aksrockets.blogspot.com/
I have finally flew my Type II rocket and have updated the flight report.
I will include a video below.
Yesterday I tested the ejection charges. Both events used a 0.85grams of FFF black powder inside surgical tubing with an e-match. The Apogee event fired well with a lot of force.
The main event was a little less forcefull but I am speculating this is due to the nomex cloth being to big the for the tube it was a little snug when I tucked everything inside the rocket. So I will size that down on my mothers surger later this week. Also to make sure everything fires correctly I will be using a 0.90g charges to bring it up just a little more.
In the gallery is the rocket it after it landed on the blanket.