Posted on Leave a comment

Ejection Charges Tested

Yesterday I tested the ejection charges. Both events used a 0.85grams of FFF black powder inside surgical tubing with an e-match. The Apogee event fired well with a lot of force.

The main event was a little less forcefull but I am speculating this is due to the nomex cloth being to big the for the tube it was a little snug when I tucked everything inside the rocket. So I will size that down on my mothers surger later this week. Also to make sure everything fires correctly I will be using a 0.90g charges to bring it up just a little more.

In the gallery is the rocket it after it landed on the blanket.

Posted on Leave a comment

I promise.

More updates are coming!

I have been wiring my AV Bay and double and triple checking it all. I will be attempting another Level 1 launch this month depending on the Government shutdown.

Its going to happen!

Posted on Leave a comment

Delay

Well sorry for the delay with information.

Recently I was in the process of getting my rocket to fly sometime in August/September. Then I got in a car accident that totaled my vehicle. This accident was not my fault so without a car I am in the process of taking the check from insurance and finding a car.

With this and the fact I am moving in the next month and school coming up. I will post pictures and details of my latest build when I find a minute. Everything will be up soon! I hope to have a lot of details added to the Type II rocket that is about 90% done!

Posted on Leave a comment

Type II with Paint

Well I got off work early today! Thank you 4th of July! Oh and Happy 4th of July to everyone!

I had some time to lay down a few more layers of paint. Here is a hint below, and tomorrow I plan on getting the mask on the rocket and maybe start the final paint.